Our client who is one of the top five information and communication technology providers in the world, with over 5 decades of experience delivering technology solutions to customers around the globe is looking for new Solution Architects to join their dynamic bid team. You will work closely with the Sales and Offerings teams to produce bid collateral on a wide variety of bids and tenders which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to provide better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology offering ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution
- Leads the definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
- Manage 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
- A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the MOD client.
- Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
- Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running technical workshops.
- Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
- VMWare VSphere v6.0.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- HPPT AS design and implementation.
- SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- Active Directory/DHCP services.
- RDS design and implementation.
- SC clearance as a minimum
- ITIL version 3 Practitioner.
- Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within vitalised infrastructure.
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets.
- Networking protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- IP Addressing design.
- Core Infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.