|Job Title:||Senior Financial Reporting Manager|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
Senior Financial Reporting Manager
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Manager to join their Financial Accounting & Reporting Team to oversee and lead the financial reporting, balance sheet control, audit coordination, technical accounting advisory and Finance policies / procedures.
This senior role provides an opportunity to enhance skills gained in an accountancy practice and industry finance roles with exposure to senior finance management. They are looking for a technically strong Accountant along with management and advisory skills.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the direction to the team who are responsible for group and statutory financial reporting, balance sheet management reporting and forecasting.
You will be the subject matter expert and go to person for technical advice on implications of different accounting treatments under IFRS and FRS 101. You will also be expected to have an understanding of key audit issues across the business and co-ordinate with auditors to effectively address their concerns on these.
- Audit Co-ordination and Management - A key role for the Senior Manager is to manage audit relationships from deliverables to audit issues, from planning meeting to clearance. This role will ensure that they deliver a successful (smooth and no-surprise) audit at half year, hard close and year end.
- Statutory Accounts (FRS 101 Reporting) - Responsible to deliver statutory accounts for all UK companies including 3 UK (main operating company, Holding, ID Mobile and UKB (mainly review plus preparation of key notes as other members of team responsible for preparation).
- CAS (IFRS Reporting) - Review of any critical areas ensuring timely preparation and submission of quarterly and annual budget CAS forms by the team. Support the team in preparing certain disclosure forms for quarter end and annual budget.
- Balance Sheet and Finance Manual - the Team is responsible for balance sheet (RAG) reviews and finance manual. The Senior Manager will play a part in setting the plan, supporting the team, reviewing their work and ensuring that the process goes well and objectives are delivered on time.
- Projects - Support Head of Financial Reporting on key projects. Currently we are reviewing the legal and capital structure of the organisation.
Skills & Experience Needed
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or from another recognised accounting body, ideally from public practice background.
- Technical accounting / advisory skills.
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101.
- Strong people and stakeholder management skills.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with senior management and external advisors.
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills to coordinate activities across various teams.
- Proactive in identifying and dealing with audit and accounting issues.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Power point.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Internal Comms Manager (Contract, Start ASAP)
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Attractive Day Rate
Senior Audio Visual (AV) Technical Support Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
Location: London, England
National Acquisition Manager
Location: Berkshire, England
Retail Area Manager
Location: West London, London
Salary: Excellent Salary & Benefits