Senior Epitaxy Engineer
Senior Epitaxy Engineer required for a leading global information and communications technology solutions provider whose products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Work Location: Suffolk
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
This role is a core part of the process engineering team supporting the business in delivering innovative products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions relating to MOVPE and related technologies.
- Provide InP and related materials technical expertise to R&D in process and product development
- Develop and complete on plans for infrastructure (reactor, facility and characterisation) development including tool procurement (process/tool specification, vendor selection, process commissioning etc.) and tool upgrade
- Direct consumable materials procurement strategies for best value
- Generate and manage process improvement activities for epitaxy outcomes
- Lead structured process problem solving activities
- Develop process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues
- Direct system development for efficient dissemination of epitaxy process data
- Manage change control processes in the Epitaxy function
- Lead liaison with engineer & management colleagues off-site to align epitaxy process improvements and share learning
- Significant track record in III-V materials epitaxy by MOVPE, preferably using the Aixtron planetary reactor platform
- Excellent knowledge of InP and related materials including material characterisation techniques (PL, x-ray, surfscan, ECV, SEM, TEM SIMS etc.)
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques
- Proficiency in SPC and 6 sigma techniques
- First degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.