Job Title: Senior Epitaxy Engineer
Work Location: Suffolk/Ipswich
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
This role is a core part of the process engineering team supporting the business in delivering innovative products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions relating to MOVPE and related technologies.
- Provide InP and related materials technical expertise to R&D in process and product development.
- Develop and complete on plans for infrastructure (reactor, facility and characterisation) development including tool procurement (process/tool specification, vendor selection, process commissioning etc.) and tool upgrade;
- Direct consumable materials procurement strategies for best value;
- Generate and manage process improvement activities for epitaxy outcomes.
- Lead structured process problem solving activities
- Develop process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Direct system development for efficient dissemination of epitaxy process data.
- Manage change control processes in the Epitaxy function.
- Lead liaison with engineer & management colleagues off-site to align epitaxy process improvements and share learning.
- Significant track record in III-V materials epitaxy by MOVPE, preferably using the Aixtron planetary reactor platform;
- Excellent knowledge of InP and related materials including material characterisation techniques (PL, x-ray, surfscan, ECV, SEM, TEM SIMS etc.)
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques;
- Proficiency in SPC and 6 sigma techniques.
- First degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Works in a collaborative and supportive way to enable best performance from the team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and champions continuous improvement
- Displays a positive approach to working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ensure clear prioritisation of work to ensure alignment with the needs of the business.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.