Senior Epitaxy Engineer
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
This role is a core part of the process engineering team supporting the business in delivering innovative products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions relating to MOVPE and related technologies.
- Provide InP and related materials technical expertise to Huawei R&D in process and product development.
- Develop and complete on plans for infrastructure (reactor, facility and characterisation) development including tool procurement (process/tool specification, vendor selection, process commissioning etc.) and tool upgrade;
- Direct consumable materials procurement strategies for best value;
- Generate and manage process improvement activities for epitaxy outcomes.
- Lead structured process problem solving activities
- Develop process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Direct system development for efficient dissemination of epitaxy process data.
- Manage change control processes in the Epitaxy function.
- Lead liaison with engineer & management colleagues off-site to align epitaxy process improvements and share learning.
- Significant track record in III-V materials epitaxy by MOVPE, preferably using the Aixtron planetary reactor platform;
- Excellent knowledge of InP and related materials including material characterisation techniques (PL, x-ray, surfscan, ECV, SEM, TEM SIMS etc.)
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques;
- Proficiency in SPC and 6 sigma techniques.
- First degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant subject.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Works in a collaborative and supportive way to enable best performance from the team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and champions continuous improvement
- Displays a positive approach to working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ensure clear prioritisation of work to ensure alignment with the needs of the business.
- Flexible approach to working with focus on delivery to plan
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
If you are interested in applying, please call Lin, 0118 928 5550 or send your latest CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Analog Layout Design Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Mandarin Speaking IT Senior Engineer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong
Salary: competitive market rate
Technical Services Engineer Expert
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared)
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: Daily Rate