|Job Title:||Senior Design & Planning Engineer (Telecoms)|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Senior Design & Planning Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. Using their expertise to bolster network speed, coverage and capacity across the UK ensuring that the network is always optimised. It is a multi-award winning network, topping many UK network performance tables. There are tens of thousands of cell sites and millions of customers. They manage huge global organisations through partnerships with some of the biggest names and brands.
About The Role
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Senior Radio Design and Performance manager in delivery of functional targets. Ensure that changes to cell plan meets agreed design criteria and performance metrics. Drive forward the radio design and planning principles used by the deployment and planning teams in delivery of the 2G, 4G and shared 3G RANs. Ensuring that the needs of shareholders are met, meet or exceed required SLA's and deal with potentially conflicting interests.
- Lead the change control forum and support the design review of change control submissions in order that changes to cell plan can be achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining quality.
- Lead the RF Design, Planning and Tools forum to drive improvements in guidelines, process and tools support.
- Support network optimisation initiatives within the managed service layer to deliver RF network performance improvements in line with shareholder requirements.
- Support development of planning tool reporting capabilities.
- Maintain and develop RF planning guidelines.
- Support the setup of the Planning tools.
- Support the Property, Deployment and Operational teams assessing alternative site option(s) or solutions to deal with acquisition failures or performance issues.
- Provide technical support to the legal team.
- Drive data integrity improvements through auditing of network planning data.
- Provide clear guidance and Support to all levels up to Director within the Shareholder companies. Gaining their trust and commitment.
- Work closely with our shareholders at all levels to agree best design solution. Identify any differences in requirements and find common grounds.
- Provision of technical info up to Director level to ensure design and planning activities are understood and risks and issues are being appropriately managed
- Provide clear technical support including to non-technical areas to allow those areas of the business to fulfil their obligations.
- Provision of information to all levels as appropriate to allow planning activities to be progressed.
- Ensure that the Design information is properly understood by all MSP's and agents involved.
About The Person
- Cellular radio planning experience.
- Knowledge of site acquisition and implementation processes
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
- Ability to respond flexibly to design challenges arising from the Acquisition and Implementation processes.
- Experience of matrix and functional management environments
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Procurement Manager
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive Rates
Senior RF Compliance Designer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Berkshire, England
Senior SOC Analyst - PERM
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Desktop Support / Wintel / Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: Daily Rate