Senior C# Software Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in the Oxfordshire area, are a leading leisure and tourism company who focus on boutique and bespoke travel packages for their customers who want to explore and travel the world in their own unique way. They are looking for a Senior C# Software Engineer to join their Software Engineering Team.
About The Role
This role will be reporting into the Website Development Manager. In this role you will be working on the development of a range of customer-facing websites. You will be involved in a wide variety of projects; from adding new functionality and features to existing websites to complete Greenfield Projects, ensuring that that they always remain ahead of the competition in terms of our online offering.
Planning & Programming
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve our online offering according to the needs of the business and our clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with our agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Ensure developments are deployed efficiently with minimal impact to the business.
Teamwork and communication
- Help the web development manager mentor and improve junior members of the team alongside your own project work.
- Share your knowledge, techniques and findings with the rest of the web development team.
- Liaise with other internal technical teams (e.g. IT and JD Developers) as required to ensure system compatibility.
- Help the web development manager with code reviews.
About The Person
Skills & Experience Required:
- NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
- Cross-device coding / responsive design
Desirable skills (in order of desirability)
- A/B Testing
- Internationalisation / Globalisation in .NET (i.e. multi-market websites)
- UX / Web design skills
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.