Senior Application Automation Test Lead
This Permanent Role requires an experienced Senior Tester to lead application integration and System Testing automation. The automation framework will enable D&NS Digital strategy through improving the speed of delivery and the quality of D&NS implementations. Working closely with Solution Owners and other technical delivery team members, the successful candidate will use their wealth of testing experience to take the lead in Planning test schedules, writing and execution of the automated test scripts and defect management and reporting as required. The candidate will be required to have extensive current delivery experience using SOAP UI together with continuous integration methodology and tools such as Jenkins. The candidate shall, as current working practise, use test management tooling such as Silk Test Central and Jira
Projects will be executed with agile principles with a focus on delivering minimum viable product as quickly as possible and delivering incremental value through its lifecycle.
This role requires that the candidate have at least SC clearance level with the Potential to obtain Developed Vetting in the future
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Reviewing Requirements and Design Documents to determine the scope of testing.
- Produce Test Plans, scoping the testing to be performed at a high level.
- Create Test Scripts, to implement that Test Plan.
- Run/evidence such scripts, raising defects as necessary.
- Produce Test Reports, summarising the testing performed and results.
- Participate in informal and formal reviews of the above.
- Support demonstrations and trials (in-house and on site).
Skills - Mandatory:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrable Experience in multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile, V-Model & Waterfall.
- Demonstrable Extensive testing experience in applications development, Applications integration and Overall System Testing covering all stages of the engineering delivery lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in leading Test approaches and influencing stakeholders
- Manual / Automated Regression Testing to include: Non-functional, Functional and End-to-End testing;
- Demonstrable Delivery of Test Plans, Test scripts, Test Reporting, Defect Management and Reporting requirements
- Demonstrable current, usable, hands-on scripting skills in Soap UI, Selenium WebDriver (either Java or .Net) PowerShell, Python, Bash with the ability to rapidly learn new languages based on toolset chosen
- Demonstrable Experience of Agile/Incremental solution delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge of Configuration/Change/Release management principles
- Demonstrable Knowledge of version control systems like Subversion.
- Demonstrable Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Devops
- Experience of test tooling including GUI, Load, Security and unit test frameworks
- Business application migration testing;
- Experience of solution delivery in a highly secure environment
Desirable Skills Required:
- Testing strategy definition
- Experience of MOD solution delivery
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN Networking technologies and protocols
- Demonstrable knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, VMware, EXSI, IBM WebSphere, Microsoft Systems Centre.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Java Developer
Location: Hampshire, England
Lead Java Developer
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Lead SAP Security Authorisation Architect/Consultant (IDM/GRC)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Lead Infrastructure Architect - SC Cleared
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
DevOps Lead Engineer - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire