|Job Title:||Security Specialist (Telecoms)|
|Duration:||3 month rolling|
|Contact Name:||Leanne Summers|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Security Specialist (Telecoms) - Contract - Berkshire.
A leading mobile telecoms operator is searching for a Security Specialist to join their team in Berkshire on a contract basis.
This role forms part of the Risk and Security team. Risk and Security is part of the wider Business Operations function. The team is responsible for managing Information Security, Business Risk Management, Business Continuity and Physical Security.
The Security Specialist will help to continue to develop and shape the operational security against a backdrop of significant evolutionary change.
The Security Specialist will:
- Provide input and support into the management of security toolsets, including IDS and Log Management tools, ensuring that indications of malicious activity are identified, investigated and resolved.
- Performance of network reviews and certification against industry standards including PCI DSS and ND1643 Interconnect Standard, Cyber Essentials.
- Identify, log, communicate and manage security weaknesses and risks throughout the business, working cross-functionally to remediate or control those risks.
- Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A strong, technical understanding of information security and risk principles with an ability to recommend simple, straightforward solutions that are relevant to the organisation.
- Knowledge of administration of Windows, Linux or Solaris (desirable).
- A good understanding of authentication and directory services like Active Directory.
- Strong grasp of network technologies.
- An inherent and effective ability to influence the security agenda across and up the organisation.
- Effective relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Key capability in managing change and coping with change.
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage incidents to resolution.
- Clear competence working within, across or leading virtual teams to a clear outcome.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.