Security Operations Analyst / SOC Engineer - SIEM - Warrington - Contract
Are you an experienced Security Operations Analyst / SOC Engineer with exposure to SIEM, Firewall, Cyber, ArcSight, LogRhythm, RSA technologies? If so, our Global IT client urgently requires Engineers with skills ranging from 1st,2nd, 3rd and 4th line level for a long term contract based in Warrington.
The SIEM Analysts will be responsible for the security analysis, incident classification and incident response actions including notification and alerting. Monitors for possible security incidents, using knowledge of attack types and standard protocol behaviour to classify incidents, comment, and provide advice on mitigation or remedial actions to the client.
Skills and Experience
- Monitoring client security infrastructure, identifying and reporting Real Time attacks and vulnerabilities on the client network.
- Identification of incidents and subsequent analysis and investigation to determine their severity and the response required.
- Ensure that incidents are correctly reported and documented in accordance with government policy and procedures.
- Be prepared to provide a Technical Escalation Point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Maintain a keen understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the security of the client network.
- As required update Protective Monitoring/SOC documentation, processes and procedures.
- Provide on job training to develop junior members of the SOC team.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on Patrick.Mcnamara@projectpeople.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.