Security Incident Analyst - Contract - Berkshire
A leading Telecommunications company is looking for a Security Incident Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a brand new role.
You will be sitting within the Risk and Security Team and will helping to develop and shape operational security against a backdrop of significant change in security capabilities.
You will be reviewing incidents alongside Incident Management to determine if the issue affects confidentiality or integrity of the systems.
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment
- Experience reviewing and analysing security events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Knowledge and experience with packet analysis
- TCP/IP / MPLS / OSPF / BGP etc - strong networking knowledge
- Multiple OS - Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl and Ruby
Your duties will include:
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling
- 'Light touch' penetration testing with open source tooling (e.g. Metasploit)
- Performing regular and ad-hoc vulnerability assessment
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alert systems
- Conducting spot checks on logs on various systems
- Building, understanding and documenting logging for systems
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms
- Collecting external intelligence information from wide ranging sources, translated into applicable format and disseminated accordingly
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.