Security Incident Analyst - Contract - 6 months - Berkshire
A leading Telecommunications company is looking for a Security Incident Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great company.
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment
- Experience reviewing and analysing security events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Knowledge and experience with packet analysis
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl and Ruby
You will be sitting within the Risk and Security Team and will helping to develop and shape operational security against a backdrop of significant change in security capabilities.
You will be reviewing incidents alongside Incident Management to determine if the issue affects confidentiality or integrity of the systems.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling
- Performing regular and ad-hoc vulnerability assessment
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alert systems
- Conducting spot checks on logs on various systems
- Building, understanding and documenting logging for systems
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms
- Collecting external intelligence information from wide ranging sources, translated into applicable format and disseminated accordingly
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment such as SOC, CSIRT, CERT, etc.
- Experience reviewing and analysing Security Events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Knowledge of, and experience with packet analysis
- Experience in web site and web application security assessment or penetration testing
- Previous experience working as a part of an IT Security team or in Incident Response
- An active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities
- An active interest in current security research
- Ability to work as part of a CERT Team which may require rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections
- Experience of malware analysis
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl, ruby
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Solaris
- Skills in Host and Network Forensics
- Robust networking knowledge including TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP
If you would like to reply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.