Security Consultant (SIEM / Firewalls) - Contract - Bracknell or Home Based with travel to Bracknell and Customer Sites.
A global IT services company is searching for a Security Consultant to join their team on a contract basis. The position can be based in Bracknell or home based with travel to Bracknell and customer sites when required.
The Security Consultant will primarily work with private sector clients and will be expected to manage the delivery of the company's consultancy assignments and identify further opportunities.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the form of consultancy engagements, workshops and/or briefings.
- Assess a client's security capabilities and recommend solutions to enhance security competence reduce client risk and increase their ability to deal with emerging threats and risks. (Solutions will involve policy, process, organisational structure and technology. )
- Discuss the whole security environment with a client's senior management or executive team.
- A background in IT services, giving an appreciation of IT infrastructure and how a managed service provider functions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of security technologies - SIEM, firewalls, a-v, content filtering and data leakage prevention.
- Ability to lead large and small groups and be facilitate meetings.
- Strong written skills.
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations.
- Willingness to direct client pursuits and engage in complex deals.
- Working knowledge of ISO27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Experience of stakeholder management, proposal writing, policy and procedure development, conducting IT Audits.
- Readiness to travel.
- Ideally CISSP, MInstISP, CISA, CISM qualification.
- Experience of ISO27017 and ISO27018.
- Experience of public sector engagements, SOX and managed security services.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.