Security Architect/Consultant (Cyber Security/Qualys) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 3 months rolling contract, to be based in Canary Wharf, London. Security Solution Architect with experience of designing and developing enterprise cyber security solutions to mitigate cyber threats and vulnerability attacks.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Being able to quickly understand large enterprise level architecture security threats, risks and exposures
- Analysis and monitoring of cyber security threats and vulnerabilities along with recommended / actions to mitigate or reduce the risks.
- Liaise with 3rd party supplier and vendors to coordinate corrective or preventative actions where necessary.
- Propose improvements for Qualys and Skybox Security vulnerability scanning
- hands on - High level design experience
- Propose improvements to software patching schedule ensuring protection and compliance of critical assets.
- Be able to work with cross functional application and infrastructure teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs
- Carry out risk assessment and mapping of critical infrastructures technical vulnerabilities exposure and risks
- Architect, Design and development of enterprise secure solutions to mitigate cyber threats and vulnerability attacks
- Determine and improve the cyber threat level by investigating historic and active vulnerabilities and develop an "end to end" map of an adversary's infrastructure and remediation suggestions.
- Provide technical design recommendations with a focus on improving the customer risk position and security maturity
- Solution Architect for Security and Infrastructure including the design and development of enterprise cyber security solutions and proposals to mitigate cyber threats and vulnerability attacks
- IT and Security Governance, Security Risk threat assessment and vulnerability management ideally using Qualys
- Bb be able to present solutions to senior management and customers.
- Be able to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and vendors to confirm and validate technical proposals
- Knowledge of industry technologies and software emerging threats / vulnerabilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of industry security toolsets
- Knowledge of NIST and other Cyber Security Framework
- Vulnerability management skills to review critical infrastructure and security vulnerabilities
- Understanding of SIEM solutions especially Splunk.
- IT services background with strong client facing experience
- Financial services/banking sector experience is desirable.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.