Security Analyst - Contract - Berkshire
Leading Mobile Telecoms company in Berkshire require a Security Analyst to join their Risk and Security team to play a pivotal role in helping to continue to develop and shape their operational security against a backdrop of significant evolutionary change in their security capabilities.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Security, who has knowledge of the fundamental requirements needed to help protect internal and customer information. Our client wants someone who is personable, approachable, with a keen eye for detail to ensure security is at its best. This role sits in the Risk and Security team, which is part of the wider Business Operations function. The role will work closely with Managed Service Providers, and will also interface with security teams within the companies offshore functions, as well as internal stakeholder areas. In this role you'll be working on a programme designed to significantly improve the companies security capability.
- Provide input and support into the management of security tool-sets, including IDS and Log Management tools, ensuring that indications of malicious activity are identified, investigated and resolved.
- Performance of network reviews and certification against industry standards including PCI DSS and ND1643 Interconnect Standard, Cyber Essentials
- Identify, log, communicate and manage security weaknesses and risks throughout the business, working cross-functionally to remediate or control those risks. Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed.
- To provide and support an assurance process around our product pipeline from a security perspective - designing security features in and vulnerabilities out as part of product development.
- Recommend, develop, publish, implement and monitor security policy and procedures for the business taking into account legislation, business culture and risk. To manage the security processes that support the customer including carrying out day to day operational security requests
- Supports, advises and gives guidance to internal customers on security risk matters ensuring that risks and weaknesses throughout the business are correctly identified, prioritised, investigated and resolved
Ideal Knowledge & Background:
- A strong, technical understanding of Information Security and risk principles with an ability to recommend simple, straight-forward solutions that are relevant to the organisation (knowledge of administration of Windows, Linux or Solaris - good to have)
- Good understanding of authentication and directory services like Active Directory
- Strong grasp of network technologies - i.e. VLAN, WAN, Routing etc.
- An inherent and effective ability to influence the security agenda across and up the organisation
- Effective relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Key capability in managing change and coping with change
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage incidents to resolution
- Clear competence working within, across or leading virtual teams to a clear outcome
- Excellent skills in multi-tasking and managing priorities
- First class communication skills
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.