Secure Cloud Support Engineer - SC cleared
My client is looking to hire a Secure Cloud Support Engineer to join an already established team. The role will be to provide varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision. This will include installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. You will advise customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. The Secure Cloud Engineer will support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end users.
- Work well within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Contribute to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Manage systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Lead technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
- Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems.
- Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary.
- Broad technical experience e.g. Windows, Networking, Oracle etc.
- Good appreciation of Cloud service provision
- Experience in a large mature org servicing large numbers of payloads
- Excellent process/framework knowledge/experience around incident/problem management
Due to the nature of the work the successful candidate will need to hold valid Security Clearance to SC Level
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.