School Premises Manager. Bedfordshire. Permanent Opportunity.
School Premises Manager required to maintain school premises to the highest standards.General buildings maintenance, repairs, health and safety compliance checks, some cleaning tasks and the responsibility for the security of the schools. To be the main key holder.
The hours will be varied with some call out at weekends and unsociable hours.
- You will be responsible for opening the school in the morning, checking the buildings and grounds.
- Site Security
- Liaise with contractors, cleaning staff
- Make safe areas of danger (broken windows and the like) and deal with any minor repairs the need for which may arise.
- Liaise with any contractors on Site in respect of job required, safety on Site (e.g. with regard to vehicles/equipment) and the like.
- Liaise and monitor cleaning work carried out by cleaning contractors.
- Keep all outdoor areas, paths, steps, pathways, approaches and drain grids in a clean condition and litter free including the emptying of outside bins.
- Clear pathways/stairs of snow and apply Grit/salt to ensure safe surfaces as required.
- Carry out general portering-type duties including the movement of furniture, the receipt of and delivery of goods.
- Report events and tasks to the Help Desk and follow through to completion.
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance including first fix response as required
- Carry out minor Health and Safety checks (Fire Systems, Emergency Lighting, Fire Appliances, Water Systems) and the completion of associated paperwork for record
Self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable, committed, takes pride in their work and can work autonomously
Possess a range of practical skills to offer including painting and decorating, minor plumbing, carpentry and general fixing and problem solving
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.