School Caretaker- Birmingham. Permanent Opportunity.
School Caretaker with a background in general building trades and maintenance is ideal with the ability to work with care and attention to detail. We are seeking applicants who have a flexible approach to working hours in order to fit in with the ethos of our schools.
The work involves general buildings maintenance, repairs, health and safety compliance checks, some cleaning tasks and the responsibility for the security of the School.
- Responsible for opening school and checking buildings and grounds at start of day to ensure availability and where appropriate repair/report any faults needing urgent attention.
- Responsible for locking and securing of doors, windows and perimeter gates.
- Site Security and checks outside of school operational hours
- Check heating / lighting and water is functional and available as required.
- Make safe areas of danger (broken windows and the like) and deal with any minor repairs the need for which may arise.
- Liaise with any contractors on Site in respect of job required, safety on Site (e.g. with regard to vehicles/equipment) and the like.
- Liaise and monitor cleaning work carried out by cleaning contractors.
- Keep all outdoor areas, paths, steps, pathways, approaches and drain grids in a clean condition and litter free including the emptying of outside bins.
- Clear pathways/stairs of snow and apply Grit/salt to ensure safe surfaces as required.
- Carry out general portering-type duties including the movement of furniture, the receipt of and delivery of goods.
- Report events and tasks to the Help Desk and follow through to completion.
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance including first fix response as required
Job Description - School Caretaker - Birmingham (170000GS)
Please apply to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.