SC Cleared* UNIX Engineer/Script Writer/Technical Support (AIX, Solaris, SUSE, RHEL, Shell) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 month contract, to be based in Telford, Shropshire.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Technical Service Specialist working with the Unix Infrastructure Support team
- The role requires strong knowledge of Unix operating systems, ability to produce complex UNIX scripts and knowledge of Cloud computing principles to support the teams aims to manage, monitor and maintain our client's services.
- The role is required to provide operating system support and maintenance for UNIX based systems including but not limited to AIX, Solaris, SUSE and Red Hat Linux.
- The team are responsible for the Live Service Delivery of all aspects of the core infrastructure.
- The team support Production, Disaster Recovery, Live Acceptance proving, Test and Development services
- The individual will be expected to produce scripts to automate a number of key procedures.
- AIX & Solaris Unix and Infrastructure.
- RHEL or SUSE Linux.
- UNIX Shell scripting.
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.