SC Cleared* Tier 2 Network Support Analyst (PDH/SDH/Ethernet) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for an initial 12-month contract to be based in Solihull.
We need an experienced network support engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull.
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work.
This project supports a range of legacy analogue (2W/4W) and digital (V.24, X.21, V.11 and E1) services as well as Carrier Ethernet services. Legacy services are supported by the Juniper CTP, ABB XMC20 and Oscilloquartz OSA platforms, whilst Carrier Ethernet services are supported by Adva FSP150 platforms.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronization and Carrier Ethernet services.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
*the successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract. These are urgent roles. Please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.