SC Cleared* Commercial Manager/Contract Manager is urgently required by our Global Defence and IT Services Company for an initial 6 month rolling contract, to be based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. The successful applicant will be responsible for a managing very large and complex multi-year, multi-million pound existing customer contract, as well as the management of the contract and associated peripheral agreements.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Must have experience and recent Contract Management experience, managing existing contracts;
- The successful applicant will be part of our client's Contract Management team responsible and accountable for the success of the commercial elements of our client's programme;
- Proven track record of contract management, specifically around the management of existing contracts;
- Strong relationship background;
- Strong commercial and business awareness together with detailed experience in complex existing contract management including diligent document control, reporting, drafting and preparation of claims and/or variations;
- Practical experience developing business proposals with the focus on developing attractive and compelling commercial agreements;
- Demonstrable ability to successfully conduct commercial contractual negotiations with customers and partners at both project and senior levels;
- Profound understanding of contract law, business accounts, accounting practices as well as current British and European legal frameworks and service/outsourcing contracts;
- Strong commercial acumen with the drive to succeed to achieve outstanding results;
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.