SC Cleared* 2nd Line Desktop Support/Technical Support Engineer/Deskside Engineer/Service Desk Engineer (O365, SCCM, Blackberry, BES, App-v, Citrix, VDI) is urgently required by our Global Defence and IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based in either Manchester, Greater Manchester, Wakefield, West Yorkshire or Solihull, West Midlands.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Providing End User Device, Blackberry and O365 Support for approximately 75000 users.
- 2nd line support desktop support
- Supporting virtualised desktop technologies.
- Working with Other capability units and 3rd parties to achieve resolution.
- Supporting Blackberry 3rd line and O365 solutions.
- Provision of knowledge management articles to support service improvement.
- Importing application packages into SCCM.
- Investigation into SCCM deployment issues.
- Updating of Incident Management system.
- Service reporting for remote desktop support.
- Rebuild of individual devices as part of incident resolution.
- Remote deployment of OS security updates, software patches and service packs.
- Identify and facilitate continuous service improvement of day to day delivery.
- Microsoft Office Applications
- SCCM 2012
- Windows 7 or 10 experience.
- BES 10 or 12 experience.
- O365 Experience.
- Understanding of Sense and respond and ITIL processes
- Take ownership of Incidents problems and Changes to see them through to completion
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.