SC Cleared Commercial Manager - IT / Defence - Basingstoke, Hampshire - Contract.
A global IT services company is searching for an SC Cleared Commercial Manager to join their team in Basingstoke, Hampshire on a contract basis. The role will involve working for a large defence organisation so SC clearance will be required.
- To provide commercial support to a Business Line, market segment or nominated accounts, delivering a thorough understanding of the market in which potential and existing customers operate and its relevance to commercial transactions.
- Responsible for commercial activities with support of more senior commercial team members as appropriate arising in connection with the Business Lines, market segments or accounts they are allocated to support, assisting in the decision-making processes for customer transactions and customer accounts.
- It is possible to specialise in contract management or deal making commercial disciplines, where justified by business demands in a territory or relevant for career development.
- Brings customer negotiations to an approved conclusion, within company policies and processes.
- Completes business transactions which result in positive P&L performance and support potential for market growth.
- Enables bid and delivery teams to understand contractual obligations and how to meet these.
- Knowledgeable about and enables compliance with company policies and processes.
- Supports enabling authorised, comprehensive SLAs and other schedules with customers and third parties.
- Accuracy in advising and interpreting contractual rights and obligations, delivering quality outputs clearly communicated.
- Where contract management is supplied, then maintains contract to currency under accurate change control.
- Minimises risks of customer dissatisfaction and disputes, through open communication about delivery risks and issues with line manager and where directed Legal and Commercial management and other notified stakeholders.
- Understands available commercial models and approaches relevant to establishing market relevant contracts for products and services capable of profitable delivery, demonstrating capability for deploying alternative models and approaches.
- Able to articulate how variances from standards might create risk and any options for mitigating and authorising these.
- Demonstrates practices and approaches enabling open tabling of all known issues, supporting informed decision-making.
- Valued and used by bid, sales and delivery teams as a positive contributor, delivering informed commercial support and guidance.
- Positive feedback endorsing capability for: being responsive and creative in meeting customer's requirements without prejudicing business interests.
- Feedback and outputs demonstrate critical assessment of opportunities in context (not terms or conditions in isolation).
- Self-motivated, also investing energy in supporting and motivating others to achieve.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.