Release Manager (Retail/POS/payments/PCI) - Contract - Uxbridge.
A Global IT Services Company is currently searching for a Release Manager (Retail/POS/payments/PCI) for a 3 month rolling contract in Uxbridge. The role will involve working for a large retail customer.
The successful candidate will join a team of 5 who manage releases for the customer on their POS, Payments and PCI systems.
Candidates must be able to manage releases from end to end, from writing a detailed deployment plan, representing it at the customer CAB and managing the (sometimes overnight) deployment, which could have a number of different onshore and offshore resources to coordinate.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations including both on and offshore as well as 3rd parties
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment and Implementation Plans
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Continually work towards making improvements.
- Experience of scripting in WINTEL environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working user knowledge of Access
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.