Release Manager (POS/EPOS/MS Access/SharePoint/IT Services/Retail) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 3 month contract, to be based in Uxbridge, Middlesex.
As part of the Point of Sale Release Management team you will be responsible for the delivery of project and BAU releases to a number of critical services. The position includes full lifecycle management of the releases which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the estate across multiple production and non-production environments. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations including both on and offshore as well as 3rd parties
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment and Implementation Plans
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activity
- Extensive and recent release management experience (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Point of Sale/POS/EPOS/Electronic Point of Sale experience is desirable
- Experience of scripting in WINTEL environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Microsoft Office, expert level knowledge of Excel, working user/development knowledge of MS Access & MS SharePoint
- Extensive and recent experience in information systems operations environment
- Hands on experience of MS Windows server technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.