RF Planning & Performance Engineer (GSM, UMTS)
This role is working on behalf of a leading Telecoms company, on an exciting new project for a mobile operator. Based in the Berkshire area, you will be employed on a long term contract basis with an excellent day rate included.
- Responsible for technical solutions for radio network planning and performance related projects
- Deliver radio network planning strategy based on customer requirements.
- Implement detailed radio network coverage/capacity/performance planning, and output site swap plan/site upgrade plan/new site plan based on Atoll 3d-ray simulation result.
- Deliver detailed site radio design and parameter design.
- Support Test lab activities for Single RAN site features and parameters
- Perform 5G planning and design as required.
- Deliver new features design (eg. VoLTE) and Refarming solution design.
- Communicate with customer for network planning and design result.
- Lead technical team for radio network planning and design projects delivery.
- More than 8 years radio network planning/Design/Optimization experience in GSM/UMTS/LTE technologies.
- Experience with Huawei/Samsung Single RAN equipment.
- Experience with Planning and design related project delivery.
- Familiar with radio planning related link-budget tools/simulation tools/capacity management tools.
- Experience with radio network planning related tool chains of UK operators.
- Familiar with Actix/Mapinfo/Office/Database tools.
- Successful team cooperation experience in similar project.
- Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication) Degree
- Expertise in 3GPP protocols and generic algorithms.
- Team spirit and good intercultural/interpersonal communication skills.
If you have the required skills and experience for this role, then please apply today with a copy of your most up to date CV for an immediate response.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.