Project / Site Manager - Construction - West Sussex - 18 Month FTC
This role is an initial 18 Month fixed term contract paid on a PAYE basis
- To ensure the efficient running of allocated contracts from design to completion, on time and within budget on a large scale construction site
Role and Responsibilities;
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the construction project on and off site
- Directly managing the site managers on each project ensuring they are carrying out their roles to an acceptable level at all times and supporting them as required
- Reporting on Profit and Loss, Programme, Quality and General Issues.
- Keeping overall control of sub-contract accounts
- Maintaining a well-organised schedule/diary to ensure all projects under your control receive sufficient input to keep the project running smoothly and efficiently
- Ensuring all aspects of health and safety on and off site are implemented at all times and also ensuring each site manager is operating in the correct way in regards to health and safety.
- Supervision of sub-contractors and suppliers
Skills and experience required;
- Construction understanding and experience essential.
- Proven experience of managing sub-contractors and suppliers
- Strong Project manager on a building site - project is a full filtration installation to a specification and steelwork installation therefore involving, cranes, cherry pickers, lifting etc.
- Strong experience of managing a main contractor
- Needs construction background - understands QS, H&S and budgeting
- Also good excel and word with the ability to read CAD drawings.
- Good communication and influencing skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.