Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
Playing a key role in the transformation team, the project planner be the key interface between transformation and the business functions. The planner will ensure the functional delivery plans clearly identify dependencies, assumptions, resource requirements and that the critical path clearly identified. The planner will attend functional planning meetings, take the lead role to ensure the tracking of plans and schedules, perform analysis to identify and resolve critical path and dependency conflicts.
These functional plans will be integrated into the master 'one plan' which are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional delivery teams and 3rd Parties.
The project planner will be utilising Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
The project planner will liaise with functional leads and project teams to identify critical tasks and assist in the identification of resources requirements and gaps.
Act as the key planning support for functional heads and develop a detailed understanding of the functional plan and priorities.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements.
- Maintain key interdependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan.
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional
Ensure all critical resources and task dependencies are identified and related risks are assessed, communicated, prioritised and managed.
- Facilitate the supply of accurate data to support effective prioritisation decisions, providing information regarding constraints, business required dates and slippage.
- Liaise with all parties to ensure programme & project planning submissions are issued in a timely manner to be reviewed prior to planning meetings.
- Chair planning meetings, providing information on new or amended assignments, securing updates and updating the Plan.
- Facilitate the resolution of resource requirement conflicts between the portfolio of programmes, projects and changes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Experience of analysing project plans, dependency management, baseline management and resource usage across a programme portfolio.
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- Displays excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills.
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile.
- Experience of portfolio management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Server.
- Good knowledge of SQL or business objects.
- Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed.
Principles of role as part of the 'One plan' design
- Functional planning and execution is owned by the function
- Focus of coordination effort on critical cross-functional strategic initiatives, others by exception.
- One single representative per function and critical initiative plus dedicated planner.
- Planner / Planning manager to act as simple path for escalation to Transformation Director
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Location: South London, London
Mandarin Speaking Project Co-Ordinator
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Senior Project Manager - SC Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Technical Services Engineer Expert
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland