Project Planner (Transformation, PMO) - Berkshire - Contract
A leading, customer focused and Agile Telecoms company, who are going through an exciting period of change are currently seeking an experienced Project Planner to join their team on an interim basis, to work on a fast paced transformation project, based out of their HQ in Berkshire.
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements.
- Maintain key inter-dependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan.
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional teams.
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Experience of analysing project plans, dependency management, baseline management and resource usage across a programme portfolio.
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- Displays excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills.
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile.
- Experience of portfolio management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Server.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.