|Job Title:||Project Planner - MS Project / Scheduling / Transformation|
|Contact Name:||Richard Gallagher|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Project Planner - MS Project / Scheduling / Transformation
Recruiting immediately on a 6 month contract, for a fantastic client in the Berkshire area. This role can be based out of offices in the Maidenhead and Reading areas.
The project planner will be utilising Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements.
- Maintain key interdependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan.
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional
- Ensure all critical resources and task dependencies are identified and related risks are assessed, communicated, prioritised and managed.
- Facilitate the supply of accurate data to support effective prioritisation decisions, providing information regarding constraints, business required dates and slippage.
- Liaise with all parties to ensure programme & project planning submissions are issued in a timely manner to be reviewed prior to planning meetings.
- Chair planning meetings, providing information on new or amended assignments, securing updates and updating the Plan.
- Facilitate the resolution of resource requirement conflicts between the portfolio of programmes, projects and changes.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Experience of analysing project plans, dependency management, baseline management and resource usage across a programme portfolio.
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- Displays excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills.
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile.
In order to apply for the role, please send your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Due to the large volumes of applications we receive for these roles, we cannot accept phone calls following an online application. After CV submission, candidates will be shortlisted based on initial skillsets and only those suitable will be contacted. If you aren't contacted within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Network Project Manager
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Technical Service Engineer (Tivoli - Unix)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Market rates
Digital Content Editor - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
BI Systems Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Location: England, England