Project Manager - Retail Hardware / Software - Home Based - Contract.
A global IT services company is searching for a Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. The role will involve working with a retail customer and can be based from home (majority of the team are based in Stevenage). Travel to customer sites will be required.
Essential experience - roll-out / deployment / installation experience in retail.
Starting hours 7.30 pm for handover from daytime team.
Working Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu evenings - 7.5 hours.
There are various teams working as part of the project to convert the store to a new hardware / software platform.
- Engineers in stores
- Project desk managing basic reporting
- Technical desk managing engineer technical escalations
The Project Manager's role will be - escalations:
- To manage any queries (non-technical) that any of these teams identify and advise what to do next.
- To manage customer interface discussions as needed - may need to be on open Skype calls through the evening.
- Make decisions based on agreed project matrix on behalf of the project.
- To validate content of overnight report so that next stage actions are clear to the day team.
- Prepare any fallout tasks ready for handover to day team e.g. stock pick requests, engineer return notices etc.
The PMs role - non escalations:
As this is going to be a very busy project there will be standard tasks that they can continue with each evening while waiting for calls from engineers.
These aspects will be trained.
Good Excel skills are a must.
To best support the project the PM will be expected to attend one of the early installations / training sessions so they can fully appreciate what is involved.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.