The job in a nutshell The successful candidate will:
- work with Data Protection Team and with business owners to drive project delivery.
- ensure internal and external stakeholders deliver their requirements for the GDPR project on time and within budget.
- be capable of end to end delivery of the project within a fast paced, dynamic environment:
- have an ability to project manage key elements of the GDPR compliance project, which have interdependencies across the organisation.
- need to manage and deliver the project on time, to budget and specification, whilst ensuring proactive communication and accurate reporting of project status to stakeholders.
- need to be able to manage virtual project teams.
- be able to report on the project at a management level.
This is an opportunity to manage a major compliance project within a large business.
What else it involves
- Lead cross-functional project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks to ensure effective delivery
- End to end responsibility for delivery of the work streams assigned to you
- Prepare and maintain issues and risk log
- Proactive communication to business owners & stakeholders
- Monitor and control costs
- Monitor and control team performance against project plans
- Work with the Data Protection Team where appropriate to transition the project into BAU
- Work with cross functional business teams to ensure the project has all key resources assigned
- Evaluate and makes recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate.
The skills we`re looking for
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in Project Management - Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Experience of project management in large businesses
- Experience of compliance projects
- Experience of defining and scoping project requirements
- Management of stakeholder expectations
- Hands on ability to manage and mitigate risk.
- Management of major changes in business processes to achieve optimisation of benefits
- Good commercial awareness
- Demonstrable use of an industry recognised project management methodology
- A degree or equivalent
- Experience of third party / vendor management.
The sort of person we`re after
- A professional qualification in a project management discipline
- Knowledge of Data Protection Principles
- Experience of Project Management in the Telecoms industry
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Able to influence others in a positive way
- Decision Making
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Resilient: able to work under constant pressure & in a fast-paced changing environment
- Commercial awareness