Our Theale based client is a well established Telecoms company seeking a Programme Manager for 12 month contract.
Context for role:
The Government announced on 15.12.17 that the New Code would become law on 28.12.17. The Legislation is now in force, the Government's stated policy is that the New Code will help to drive investment and stimulate the continued growth, roll-out and maintenance of communication technology infrastructure, an increasingly significant area of the UK's economy, intended to be achieved via the implementation of the New Code.
Main purpose of the role:
The role holder is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme including planning, governance and for overseeing the successful delivery and usage of the programme output/"products" (our new "capability").
The role holder will create and maintain a holistic end to end underpinned plan with clear inputs/outputs/measurement points including but not limited to deployment of new sites or replacement and upgrades of existing sites under the Code requirements.
The role holder will work with the sponsor and workstream leads to continue to translate the vision to a future state blueprint and multi-year transformational delivery plan and underpin that with a clear project inventory showing what capability is needed when to realise the strategy.
The role holder will define & regularly review the programme governance (controls); plan the overall programme & monitor the progress; manage the programme's budget; manage risks & issues including taking corrective measures; coordinate the various 'projects' within the programme and their interdependencies; manage and utilise resources across the programme; manage stakeholder engagement and communications with relevant constintuency as well as the cadence of governance meetings and reporting.
The Programme Manager will align the deliverables (outputs) to the overall "outcome" with the support of the Business Change Manager (Transition Manager) and manage the main programme documents e.g. Programme Definition Document (PDD).
- Extensive experience in running large and complex programmes in and frequently changing business environments
- Constant theme of change and responsible to multiple Senior/Executive/Shareholder stakeholders
- Experience of running large and complex network programmes within a Telecoms Cellular Network Infrastructure Share environment
- Must have business change/Change management/transformation experience
- Six sigma
- Knowledge of the code is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong leadership skills managing into executive level. Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Clear, concise and authorative communication skills both upward and within the team
- Strong visualization, planning and organizational ability to prepare and anticipate well in the face of change. Ability to see "the bigger picture"
- Focused single mindedness and diligence in delivering business outcomes - driven to succeed, completer/finisher mentality and able to cut through problems
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.