Production Shift Leader (Operations) - Contract - 6 Months - Ipswich
Our client, a leader in developing advanced Optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and a proven track record of innovation over many years, are now looking to recruit the Production Shift Leader.
The role is based within a clean room and laboratory conditions where tasks will follow documented instructions and specifications in an ISO9001 controlled environment.
You will be overseeing the operational shift working of the Production Line, critically ensuring:
- Health and Safety protocol, procedure and practices are adhered to
- Employee's behaviour and conduct meet the requirements of the business as laid out in P&P's and guidelines
- Making first line localised decisions on individuals or area safety, welfare and operational matters
- Escalating issues to Core Team/Site security that may impact site-wide Safety, Welfare and Operational matters such as temporary site closure or evacuation
Operational issues are effectively managed:
- Utilising shift resource or call-out procedure to ensure that product/process and equipment issues are resolved on shift or contained for effective resolution on the next day shift
- Ensuring that priorities, targets and standard operating procedures are managed to successful completion within the cell structures of production
- Liaises with Cell Leads, Technicians and Operators to ensure that cross cell communication and collaboration is optimised
- Actively support shift and cell training activities and administration, including metrics and measures
- Undertaking first line appraisal, coaching, performance management and discipline
- Utilising reporting tools to ensure shift issues are effectively managed
- Experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication
- Accredited Leadership Qualification
- Experience of leading teams in a production environment, preferably on a shift basis
- Able to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working as part of a team or independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: displaying a positive approach to new ideas, flexibility and driving continuous improvement
- Ability to work both days and shift pattern work
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.