Production Shift Leader
Our client, a leader in developing advanced optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and a proven track record of innovation over many years, are now looking to recruit the Production Shift Leader.
Location - Ipswich, Suffolk
Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
The role is based within a clean room and laboratory conditions where tasks will follow documented instructions and specifications in an ISO9001 controlled environment.
Oversees the operational shift working of the Production line at HT R&D UK Ltd Ipswich, critically ensuring:
Health and Safety protocol, procedure and practices are adhered to:
- Ensuring that employee's behaviour and conduct meet the requirements of the business as laid out in P&P's and guidelines.
- Making first line localised decisions on individuals or area safety, welfare and operational matters.
- Escalating issues to Core Team / Site security that may impact site-wide Safety, Welfare and Operational matters such as temporary site closure or evacuation.
Operational issues are effectively managed:
- Utilising shift resource or call-out procedure to ensure that Product / Process and Equipment issues are resolved on shift or contained for effective resolution on the next day shift
- Ensuring that priorities, targets and standard operating procedures are managed to successful completion within the Cell structures of Production.
- Liaises with Cell Leads, Technicians and Operators to ensure that cross cell communication and collaboration is optimised
- Actively support Shift & cell training activities and administration, including metrics and measures Undertakes first line appraisal, coaching, performance management and discipline.
- Utilises reporting tools to ensure shift issues are effectively managed: Manufacturing Execution System, Defect Tracking System, HR admin sets
- Creates effective lines of communication with Process Engineering, Facilities & Equipment and Production Managers to ensure that issues are both managed onto shift and reported off shift.
- Experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication
- Accredited Leadership Qualification
- Experience of leading teams in a Production environment preferably on a shift basis
- Able to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working as part of a team or independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: displaying a positive approach to new ideas, flexibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
- Ability to work both days and shift pattern work.
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalized paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.