Our Berkshire based client is currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager on a permanent basis to join their team.
The Procurement Manager will develop and deliver sourcing strategies.
The successful candidate will create and develop appropriate commercial strategies and drive costs down and value up along with service delivery improvements and process efficiencies.
The job role and duties:
- Negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure procurement governance and successful inclusion and subject completion through any RFx process.
- Tendering for facilities maintenance along other procurement projects.
- Provide support, reporting and assistance to the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager and propose supplier strategies, polices and projects.
- Manage performance and change control through the contract's lifecycle.
- Reporting on cost reduction.
- Regularly reporting to the Procurement and Supply team.
Previous skills and experience:
- Highly desirable would be previous procurement experience in a telecoms or utilities company.
- Experience of procurement / sourcing / contract management in a RAN operator and / or supplier organisation.
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent.
- Hands-on Procurement Management / category, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Experience delivering change.
- Ability to design, develop and manage sourcing strategies.
- A strong communicator and strategic thinker.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.