PROCUREMENT MANAGER required to work for a technology company based in Berkshire.
- Responsible for functional sourcing management across set commodities, specifically around Information Technology (IT), Radio Access Network (RAN) technology and services suppliers.
- Provide commercial support to our business/project teams to ensure budgetary compliance through identifying savings opportunities, negotiating pricing / contracts with suppliers and minimising commercial risks.
Other responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include
- Work with technical teams to create and lead tenders.
- Lead commercial negotiations using established commercial processes and ensuring you represent our strategic requirements
- Draft and award supplier contracts with support from Legal as required.
- Work with our technical teams and Managed Service Providers and ensure that our suppliers/contracts are managed effectively to yield sustained savings.
- Regular supplier contact to ensure that agreed pricing is maintained and new costs are agreed under contract.
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately.
- Take ownership of resolution of contractual disputes.
- Support governance meetings in line with the contract and ensure actions delivered upon.
- Work with the design teams to create commodity strategies for key areas, i.e. microwave, antenna systems, structural support products, cabinets and other hardware technology solutions.
The successful Procurement Manager will have:
- Strong commercial experience
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines, legal, technical, finance and procurement.
- Good understanding of contract law
- Supplier management skills and experience
- Contract management skills and experience
- Ability to analyse complex supplier proposals, identify risks and issues and provide consolidated review to aid decision making by internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for the Procurement Manager role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.