Procurement Manager- Permanent
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join our busy and dynamic commercial function which are responsible for all Procurement and a significant amount of Vendor Management activities. We support key stakeholders like Design, Planning & Deployment, Operations, IT, Property and our shareholders, helping them to ensure our suppliers deliver what they need when they need it, developing clear strategies for the future.
Working in our state-of-the-art offices, flexible working with collaborative digital systems, are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a competitive salary and interesting work.
- Work with technical / project teams to ensure that suppliers / contracts are managed effectively yielding sustained savings
- Track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs working and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Regular supplier contact to ensure that agreed performance and pricing is maintained and new costs are agreed under contract
- Ensure Contractual Governance/Approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with technical / project teams to create and lead tenders
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately
- Take ownership of resolution of contractual disputes
- Create tenders and lead commercial negotiations using established commercial processes and ensuring you represent the strategic requirements of the business
- Draft and award supplier contracts with support from Legal as required
- Create vendor strategies for key suppliers
- Strong commercial experience
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines (legal, technical, finance and procurement).
- Good understanding of contract law
- Supplier management skills and experience
- Contract management skills and experience
- SC Clearance
- Nice to Have
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or another relevant professional qualification
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Deal Architect - Presales - Bids - Swords
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: Exceptional Benefits
Product Owner - Berkshire - contract
Location: Berkshire, England
Product Owner - Commercial
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: competitive day rate
Network Engineer - Design - Security Cleared - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Head of Property / Head of Commercial Property - Mobile Telecom
Location: Berkshire, England