- First point of contact for all front face wafer fab process related issues occurring during out-of-hours shift operation;
- Work closely with equipment engineering and operations teams to restore down process back to production;
- Deploy and review effective statistical control of processes to ensure a stable and robust processing platform;
- Provide effective hand-over to/from day shift process engineers;
- Provide technical expertise to project teams;
In addition there may be a requirement to:
- Work with equipment engineering to plan, procure and qualify new process equipment to meet the process capability requirements that are demanded by product and technology road maps;
- Use experience and knowledge to develop processes that are capable of meeting the product specification with high yields and low cost by employing design for manufacture;
- Support development of new device processes to meet product and technology road map requirements;
- Report technology development status;
- Ensure effective transfer to manufacturing to enable ramp ahead of demand;
- Provide process documentation and training to other members of staff including other engineers and technician/operators.
- Any other ad-hoc duty as requested by the Fab Engineering Manager.
- Track record of process ownership in a semiconductor wafer fab;
- Broad knowledge of fab process including photolithography, wet etch, dry etch, CVD dep, metals and thinning;
- Knowledge of SPC and 6s techniques, in particular first response to out of control/spec events;
- Good degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant technology area;
- Proven ability to work under own initiative with attention to detail, and to stop when advice is required.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines - level headed.
- Proactive team player and ready communicator.
- Displays a positive approach to working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of work dovetails with the needs of the business.
- Flexible approach to working - work the hours to do the job.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.