My client are a leading multi-national ICT Solutions Provider. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
The Process Engineer is part of a Fabrication Engineering team and the Technical Operations team supporting the business in delivering products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions with a specific emphasis on providing a broad support from process engineering during shift operations (both in & out of normal day-time hours). Processing of manufacturing, engineering development and experimental batches with technician support may also be required.
6 month rolling contract with a 2-shift system (6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm alternating weekly) - to start immediately.
- First point of contact for all front face wafer fab process related issues occurring during out-of-hours shift operation;
- Work closely with equipment engineering and operations teams to restore down process back to production;
- Deploy and review effective statistical control of processes to ensure a stable and robust processing platform;
- Provide effective hand-over to/from day shift process engineers;
- Provide technical expertise to project teams;
In addition there may be a requirement to:
- Work with equipment engineering to plan, procure and qualify new process equipment to meet the process capability requirements that are demanded by product and technology roadmaps;
- Use experience and knowledge to develop processes that are capable of meeting the product specification with high yields and low cost by employing design for manufacture;
- Support development of new device processes to meet product and technology roadmap requirements;
- Report technology development status;
- Ensure effective transfer to manufacturing to enable ramp ahead of demand
- Provide process documentation and training to other members of staff including other engineers and technician/operators.
- Any other ad-hoc duty as requested by the Fab Engineering Manager.
- Track record of process ownership in a semiconductor wafer fab environment;
- Broad knowledge of fab process including photolithography, wet etch, dry etch, CVD dep, metals and thinning;
- Knowledge of SPC in particular first response to out of control/spec events;
- Degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant technology area
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.