Principal Site Design Engineer required to work for a telecommunications company based in Buckinghamshire.
The Principal Site Design Engineer sits in the Design team and is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a series of design, guidelines and policies on behalf of our shareholders. These designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP's), the Shareholders Design teams and specialist resources in order to enhance the capabilities of the networks.
The purpose of the Principal Site Design Engineer is:
- Delivery of the Design guidance used in delivery of the 2G, shared 3G and 4G RANs. With specific emphasis on Antenna line related items.
- Technical management of antenna related new products
- Support the on-going delivery of shareholders 2G, shared 3G and 4G networks within agreed budget
- Ensure that Site Infrastructure and Antenna systems are designed and dimensioned to ensure that network availability targets are maintained or improved.
- Identify to Shareholder teams design activities required to achieve Best Network at Lowest cost status.
- Support the Operational teams in identification of Antenna line related issues.
- Support the Shareholders in Development of Site Sharing Strategies.
Responsibilities for the Principal Site Design Engineer include:
- Ensuring coherent solutions are put in place to address end to end service requirements.
- Production of Antenna Line design and deployment guides in conjunction with shareholders
- Provide Operational support for antenna line device queries
- New Product Introduction process design support with specific responsibility for antenna line products.
- Provide support across RAN Design area where required (Mechanical, Electrical, Performance and RF)
- RF Compliance design support
- Lead Radio Platform Forum
- Fixits (Design deviations and concessions) approval
- Provide Design Support to Small Works Contractors, Shareholders, other departments.
The successful Principal Site Design Engineer will have:
- University/College degree or degree calibre preferably from Telecommunications or Radio Frequency Engineering background
- Significant knowledge of RAN technologies, GSM, UMTS and LTE.
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architectures
- Working knowledge of Optimisation of capacity and performance of cellular networks.
- Working knowledge of Antenna and Feeder Systems
To apply for the Principal Site Design Engineer role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.