Principal Design and Process Engineer (MEMS)
Principal Design and Process Engineer required for a leading global ICT Solutions Provider.
Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, my client have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Competitive salary on offer, working within my client's state of the art R&D centre, with employee benefits including:
Pension (6% company contribution / 3% employee)
Private medical cover for employee
25 days holiday+ Bank Holidays
Please note this role may require travel on occasion.
To develop MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical System) device product for the rapidly growing fields of optical fibre communication and LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging).
To build MEMS design expertise and manufacturing capabilities in feasibility study and simulation, design & layout, process development, micro-assembly & packaging, optical and mechanical parameters test & reliability.
- Design, Process and Packaging of 1D & 2D MEMS Micro mirror & Array for Optical Fibre Communication and LIDAR
- Develop automated system for testing MEMS wafer and chip with high precision. The automated test system includes wafer probers, opto - mechanical fixtures, advanced optical measurement instruments, electronic hardware and customized test software using advanced algorithms
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in areas of expertise and using the knowledge to promote continuous improvement in the work
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the Project Manager
- Research and development experience in MEMS device design and layout
- Experience in the areas of lithography, etching and bonding for effective and meaningful partnerships with MEMS foundries, ultimately leading to higher quality and reliability
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor wafer processing technology for MEMS chip fabrication
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.