Develop highly reliable high-power 980-nm pump laser chip product of EDFA for the rapidly growing fields of optical fibre communication.
Build 980-nm pump laser chip design expertise and manufacturing capabilities in Feasibility study and simulation, Design & layout, optical and mechanical parameters test & reliability.
- Design of highly reliable high-power 980-nm pump laser chip (cooled/uncooled).
- Analysis of 980-nm pump chip concepts through theoretical and/or computational models.
- Fabrication and detailed characterization of prototype chip.
- Design and qualification of the chip fabrication processes.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in areas of expertise and using the knowledge to promote continuous improvement in the work.
- Liaising with other colleagues in the business.
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the Project Manager.
- Research and development experience in GaAs chip design&layout for 980-nm.
- Solid knowledge of Physics of GaAs chip and Physics and Chemistry of material.
- Familiar with GaAs Fab equipment and processing.
- Have the capability of studing the new technolgy.
- Demonstrable experience of teamwork.
- Willingness to travel as required on occasion.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- The designer of pump chip which has been applied to EDFA or fiber laser is preferred
- Experience of GaAs chip design and simulation, such as 915nm/940nm/975nm laser.
- Graduate degree (PhD preferred) in optics, optical engineering, optoelectronics, microelectronics, physical electronics, semiconductor physics or related discipline.
- Excellent communication and teamwork spirit.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.