Fantastic contract opportunities open for a Principal Business Architect & Business Architect with experience in deploying both business and IT initiatives in complex business transformation, to join a market leading telecommunications company based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. This will be an initial 6 month contract position. Competitive rates on offer
- Ability to present complex information to senior stakeholders in a succinct manner
- The ability to apply sound business architectural principles to business solutions.
- A broad, enterprise-wide understanding of business models and an appreciation, at varying degrees, of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, organisation and governance.
- Experience in planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives and in complex business transformations. - Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- Ability to drive a collaborative approach across all business areas
- Ability to robustly challenge in a constructive manner
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Highly customer focused approach.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to build excellent business wide relationship and influence others to move toward consensus.
- Experience in a commensurate role within a similar fasted paced, consumer focused, technology led industry e.g. Telecoms, Technology, Retail, Financial Services.
- Experienced in business analysis principles, methods, techniques and tools.
- Nice to Have:
- Business Strategy/Business Change Management experience
- Mobile Telecoms industry experience
- Knowledge of Tele Management Forum models
- Knowledge of the current Operating Model of the client and possibly more specific knowledge in one of its areas - Knowledge of the Telco Operating Models
- TOGAF Foundation or Certification
Work collaboratively with Network and Enterprise architects to ensure initiatives are assessed and prioritised effectively in line with the client's strategy so they can be placed on the client's rolling 18m Change Plan.
Drive the effort to capture initiative capability and needs, evaluating initiatives, summarising findings with recommendations to facilitate effective and timely decision-making
Apply architectural principles to business solutions
Support business decisions for project commitment and provides oversight of projects to ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
Engage with the business function planners to understand the resource utilisation for projects and functional priorities - Build and maintain strong partner relationship with the business sponsor(s) of a designated Business Area, aimed at managing effectively and efficiently demand towards the COO organisation.
Help embed the Business Planning and architecture process in the organisation, through communication through various Programme Boards, Forums and Teams
Proactively manage the communication and expectations of business sponsor(s) and key stakeholders.
Provide support to Early Engagement Team and Business functions as and when required to transition the knowledge from the Business planning for the concept.
Partner with IT architecture team in developing an IT framework that aligns with the business plan.
To construct business-level artefacts to raise the level of understanding of how an organisation works (in terms of capabilities and processes)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.