Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
The Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) will ensure that security controls are set in place through policies and standards and that there is an awareness programme which works in conjunction with these controls to protect our Customers, People, Information, Data, Assets and the brand to meet legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
The unique element is that the role is very diverse - from working on policies to the opposite end creating and designing Safe Campaigns. The role is also unique as you need to be able to engage with all the teams, customers, 3rd parties and our partners. The key contacts that the person will work with internally are People team, Brand, Data protection, Executive PAs and internal communications.
This Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) sits in the Information Security function and consists of 9 within our Risk and Security team.
The Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) is a pivotal role and is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining all security policies, standards and awareness measures and activities.
- Drive our Security Awareness For Everyone (SAFE) programme that promotes and drives a cultural change.
- To support the Information Security Manager in delivering a consistent, best in class security service to our people, customers, 3rd parties and partners.
- Design and implement centralised processes for the identification, development, stakeholder review, approval, publication and maintenance of our security related policies and standards
- Work cross functionally with all business functions to develop a set of security standards, procedures and guidelines that are relevant to and aligned to industry best practice and legal & regulatory requirements
- Manage the development of the information security policies, standards and awareness function by ensuring alignment with Security.
- Help deliver a tailored security awareness and training programme and roadmap which supports joiners, in situ, movers and leavers
- Identify and create the information security awareness tools and processes that can demonstrate and measure employee, 3rd Party and Partner adherence to security policies
- Develop appropriate metrics and statistics; and provide timely reports on the performance of security policy and awareness activities
- Ensure that the leaders at Three understand their role in relation to our security policies and are aware of our security strategy
- Continue and build the relationships with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain our security policy framework and awareness programme
- Develop and maintain our Security Awareness For Everyone programme and intranet site, providing access for all employees to our security materials, messages and self-help tools
- Responsible for all security communications, internally and externally, working in conjunction with the Head of Risk & Security and our Internal Communications department
- Responsible for driving and leading the Group Security Awareness Forum to share policies and practices.
- Reviewing security awareness and information for our customers.
The successful Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) will have:
- Fun and Engaging personality
- Proven experience of managing and driving comms and awareness programme.
- Proven Experience of proactively managing and driving business change through stakeholder engagement and management
- Proven Experience of people management / team lead in any capacity (be it virtual)
- Demonstrative experience dealing with a broad range of people including senior business leaders, tech experts and front line staff
Basic understanding and knowledge of security standards - including and not limited - ISO27001/ISeC, Cobit, ISF, CESG, PCI-DSS, ND1643
To apply for the Policy & Awareness Communications Specialist (Security) please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.