|Job Title:||PMO Lead - PMO Consultant|
|Location:||West Midlands, England|
|REF:||PMO Lead - PMO Cons_1542647263|
|Contact Name:||Mike Tozer|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
PMO Lead - PMO Consultant
- To provide project and programme management expertise and ensure projects are selected, planned, managed and closed using the principles of best practice project management.
- To ensure resources are spent with regularity, propriety and provide for value for money.
- To provide strategic management of funds secured, provide direction across the themes of Business, People and Place and all delivery programme areas of the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) and to be accountable for the performance of the SEP delivery programme.
- To develop operating strategies to ensure strategic interventions/investment proposals (projects and programmes) are developed, appraised and prioritised in line with the relevant Frameworks.
- To programme manage the strategic interventions into systems and processes of the Programme Office at a strategic level, promoting a strategic approach through collaboration and partnership at all levels.
- To lead on the timely delivery of agreed funded priorities.
- To undertake the role of programme assurance to ensure those tasks with running projects, within the programme, are compliant with the defined project methodology.
- To ensure timely KPIs are provided on all projects across the programme and appropriate action is taken to address any project performance concerns.
- To be a champion of best practice project management for both the client and partner organisations.
- To provide expert guidance and support to those tasks with managing individual projects.
- To ensure project and programme risks are identified, managed and tracked appropriately and action taken where required.
- Establish an efficient, target led and transparent approach to delivering outputs within the Programme Office by creating an environment where creativity can flourish and where measures and standards are consistently improved to meet strategic needs.
- To work in conjunction with partner finance leads on the financial management of all strategic interventions, including preparation of budgets for agreement by relevant partners and agencies, maximising funding opportunities and ensuring that income is properly secured and maintained and expenditure is controlled in line with budgets and potential risks are identified and managed.
Partnering, Communication and Leadership
- To develop and maintain relations with partner agencies, other relevant commercial and institutional bodies.
- To ensure all projects develop a robust Project Communication Plan that complies with the overall Programme Communication Plan.
- Establish and lead a strong approach to delivery of the Programmes, identifying barriers to delivery, supporting and enabling solutions and reporting on progress to all relevant stakeholders/partners.
- To be the lead delivery and spend advisor to all partners
- Support partners with the development and implementation of appropriate risk management strategies for activities associated with Programme delivery.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Lead Architect - Checkpoint Expert - Checkpoint - Scotland
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Lead Marketing Comms Manager (B2C, Contract, Start ASAP)
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Attractive Day Rate
Test Consultant - DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Principal Functional Consultant (Oracle Cloud) - Finance
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Salary: Daily Rate