PKI Engineer - SC Cleared
We require an experienced PKI Engineer who is highly skilled at implementing PKI services within the constraints imposed by highly controlled environments. Whilst this role is aimed at those with PKI implementation skills, an appreciation of the business impacts of PKI and the relevant service elements is expected.
The PKI Engineer will be expected to implement PKI software and hardware components under the direction of the PKI SME in accordance with established design patterns. This will include development of low level design/integration specifications and associated test scripts.
The PKI Engineer will be expected to have a good understanding of the technologies and their application and should recognize the associated benefits and potential pitfalls. They should be able to specify practical, cost-effective working processes that get the best out of the technology.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Good understanding of current PKI technologies and their future direction.
- Knowledge of PKI concepts, patterns and practices
- Recent experience of integrating PKI software and hardware components into customer systems.
- General understanding of cryptographic concepts: symmetric/asymmetric cryptography, secure hash, digital signatures
- Experience with certificate-enabled applications, such as SSL/TLS, authentication, IDAM, EFS, 802.1X, Code Signing, etc.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of security technologies and associated products
- Relevant Industry certification
Desirable Skills Required:
- Large enterprise IT consulting, administration, or support experience
- Familiarity with DevOps or other agile delivery methods.
- Understanding of Risk methodologies and tools
- Business development experience
Due to the secure nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to be SC cleared prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.