Performance Acceptance Manager
Based in Berkshire
Reporting to the Head of Service Performance and Experience the Performance Acceptance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all changes including new features, software and deployment changes meet the designed performance standards on both shared and unilateral networks.
The Performance Acceptance Manager contributes to delivering the Operations outcomes of:
- All changes (e.g. upgrades, new features, new site deployment, parameter optimisation) have clearly defined acceptance criteria at the required time in the project lifecycle
- All changes have post performance monitoring performed and evidenced to ensure the acceptance criteria have been met
- All changes are accepted by Operations and clear individual accountability for acceptance of any change is recorded.
- Any issues which cause non-acceptance are investigated, resolved and suitable measures are put in place to prevent future occurrence
- Contribute to strategic improvements by improving the overall efficiency and quality of the End to End process of design, deployment and acceptance, as measured by unit cost and by Customer Experience measures.
To deliver the outcomes, Performance Acceptance Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for engaging with project start ups to ensure that the necessary acceptance criteria and services to complete post change validation are defined during the design phase to ensure a smooth "Transfer To Operations" (TTO)
- Responsible for ensuring the necessary post-performance checks on quality are completed in line with shared process and project requirements
- Responsible for managing the Acceptance service(s) ensuring clear accountability for accepting changes into Operations
- Responsible for Investigating the root cause of any issues that occur during the process, ensuring lessons are learnt and future issues are prevented
- Responsible for ensuring Joint Venture governance rules are enforced
- Responsible for identifying and delivering opportunities for continuous service improvement.
- Responsible for granting project technical concessions and managing project teams to ensure the project teams resolve those concessions to the necessary quality standards and with the agreed timescales
- Responsible for recommending improvements to the deployment / BIS acceptance process to prevent TTO failures.
- Technical understanding of the GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE system architecture.
- Extensive experience in Operations and/or Deployment performance. Experience working for a Network Operator or Telecoms Service Provider preferred.
- Skilled and considerable experience of RAN Performance Management Tools and Processes.
- Skilled and considerable experience of using MS Access, excel and/or similar tools to analyse and present data.
- Experience in Service/Supplier Management roles. A track record of ensuring excellent standards of service are delivered.
- Able to undertake complex analysis of telecom technology based problems.
- Performance - Comprehensive grasp of Key Performance Indicators and measures used to assess service quality within the RAN Transmission, GSM, UMTS & LTE network systems and subsystems.
- Motivation - To have full confidence in own abilities coupled with a positive attitude and creative thinking. Engage and meet new challenges with the ability to overcome multiple obstacles in parallel.
- Planning and Organisation - A self-starter, must be able to prioritise workload and ensure delivery of aggressive targets and timescales. Continually reviewing plans to keep on track with rapidly changing goals.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Numerate with good commercial acumen.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Work well under pressure as part of a small team or as an individual.
- Extensive presentation/reporting skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain key relationships with customers and suppliers / vendors.
- Supplier management, business influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and ability to translate complex technical information to all audiences including senior management.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
RF Planning and Performance Engineers
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus
Digital Operations Manager
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Daily Rate
Property Project Manager - Telecoms
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Daily Rate
Area Manager (Retail. B2C) - Start ASAP
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Salary: Excellent Salary & Benefits