PDH/SDH Support Engineer - SC Cleared* - Contract - Solihull
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work. Due to the nature of the work applicants will need a minimum of SC clearance with the possibility of applying for DV clearance in the future.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
You should be able to demonstrate a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronization and Carrier Ethernet services.
Applicants must have a minimum of SC clearance and be prepared to apply for DV clearance in the future.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
Skills - Useful:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
- A working knowledge of Juniper Circuit To Packet (CTP) routers.
- A working knowledge of Adva FSP150 Network Interface Demarcation devices.
- A working knowledge of Oscilloquartz OSA54xx PTP solutions.
- A working knowledge of ABB (Keymile) XMC20 primary multiplexers.
- Knowledge of MSC, TfS, RIO & CASD
*Candidate must either hold current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to go obtain SC clearance which can take up to 12 weeks
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.