***applicants would be expected to work longer hours during USA payroll workloads, hours on the following weeks can then be reduced to balance this out**
***applicants MUST have some knowledge of USA payroll processes as well as UK**
To ensure all staff payments are made accurately, promptly and in line with UK and US Legislation. To enable staff, budget holders and managers to access funds appropriately.
- To understand and apply UK and US Payroll and legislation.
- Deal with day to day payroll tasks.
- Resolve wide-ranging problems and queries quickly and efficiently
- Provide support, advice and training to staff across at all levels.
- Ability to make payments to staff via various payment me
- Contribute to identifying and implementing changes to processes and procedures.
- To be able work collaboratively within the team to ensure effective information sharing
- Work accurately to a high standard in a time pressured environment
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of an agreed area within the Payroll team
- Planning to meet departmental and organisational deadlines and being flexible in responding to the needs of the business
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Pro-actively communicate with internal and external bodies as required
- To liaise with the software/service providers to assist in resolving issues and enhancing software
- To complete control and bank reconciliations and resolve day-to-day finance queries
- To document tasks and procedures as required
- Contribute to the development of improvements and new procedures, identifying potential improvements
- Provide support and training to users, to budget holders and managers at all levels
- Provide back up and support across the team and department
- To support the Group Payroll Manager with any tasks as required
- Demonstrated payroll experience and knowledge
- Ability to interpret awards and legislation
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes ie tax, national insurance
- Knowledge of US payroll processes
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Excellent IT skills, including specialist software
- Knowledge of systems report writing (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerate and attention to detail
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Mandarin Speaking Admin Assistant
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Pricing/Purchasing Analyst (Travel) - Permanent - Oxfordshire
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Principal Functional Consultant (Oracle Cloud) - Finance
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Salary: Daily Rate
Dependency Project Manager
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
First Line Support Agent (Customer Service) - Fujitsu
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £10.19 per hour